The LITDA College Scholarship was created to honor those students who have achieved academic excellence and who have proven community leadership abilities by awarding them a scholarship to the accredited college or vocational school of their choice.
Your completed application and all requested documents must be sent to the LITDA office by March 16, 2018.
- The applicant must be a son or daughter of an owner, manager, or employee who is working in the tire dealer business. The student can be an employee of the member as well.
- The business must be a Louisiana Independent Tire Dealers Association member in good standing.
- The applicant must be a graduating high school student or presently enrolled in an accredited college or vocational school.
- The applicant can not be a former recipient of the LITDA Scholarship.
- The student may complete the application before he or she has been notified of acceptance at the school of choice. However, to be eligible, applicants must be accepted at an accredited college, university, or vocational school.
- Awards will be made on the basis of student character, citizenship & scholastic ability.
- The LITDA Scholarship Committee will determine the number of scholarships to be awarded. Awards will be announced by the LITDA Board of Directors. Checks will be payable to the student.
To apply for LITDA’s College Scholarship, please download & complete the application to be sent with all requested documentation to the LITDA office at P.O. Box 82531, Baton Rouge, LA 70884. All applications must be postmarked by March 16, 2018 in order to be considered. In addition to a completed application form, please see the checklist for a full listing of requested info.
- Completed Application Form
- Essay explaining why you should be chosen for the LITDA Scholarship, helping the Scholarship Committee learn more about you & your aspirations in life [250 - 500 words]
- Letter/Transcript Verifying GPA and ACT Score
- High School Seniors to submit high school transcript & ACT score
- College students to submit ACT score & college transcripts, not high school transcripts.
- Student Photograph/Headshot
- Please note that the student’s photograph & bio may be publicized in LITDA’s quarterly newsletter if selected for the scholarship award.
To donate to the LITDA Scholarship Fund, please send your check to the LITDA office at P.O. Box 82531, Baton Rouge, LA 70884. We appreciate your support!
Support the Scholarship Fund
You can also support the Scholarship Fund by participating in our Scholarship Fund Tournament, held annually in October. Find more information at LITDA.org/scholarshiptournament.